Monday, March 17, 2014

Twelve Moons

It has been almost a year (eleven months, to be precise) since I lost Bob. In the evening after his funeral, I was driving home and I noticed that there was a big, beautiful full moon. So I took a photograph of it. Astoundingly, every full moon since has been visible in all its glory, and I have photographed each one - twelve in total. Different cameras, mixed results, but they are all there. I say astoundingly, because this was right through a Tasmanian winter, when the sky can be clouded in for days and weeks. So here they all are - April, May, June, July August, September, October, November, December, January, February and March. You might count thirteen moons in this collage - you are right - the big one in the middle is a duplicate of the twelfth moon.

So twelve moons and a year of change; of learning to live with loss; of finding my feet again and creating a different way to be. I've been sad, happy, triumphant, despondent and filled with feelings I have no name for. I've written poems and stories and made lots of art - these seem to be the best ways for me to comprehend a sometimes incomprehensible world.

TWELVE MOONS


8 comments:

carla said...

Sending hugs...love your pics...Me and my husband and two grands try to look at the moon every night...It is just mysterious and almost magical!!

Kays Kids said...

Life certainly turned a different path for you a year ago. You have amazed me at your strength in moving forward. Although I'm sure a big sense of loss must still ache in your heart.
Hugs Kay

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Carla and Kaye......it's been a journey and still is.

Tanya Murray said...

I'm amazed you got a moon photo every month too. What a lovely way to mark the passing of time so poetically. It's a special place inside your head and your heart.

Anne said...

I'm a big fan of your work. And you touch my heart by writing about the pain that occurs in life.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Anne and Tanya - Can you remember how wet it was all through August and September and into October, Tanya? It just didn't seem to stop raining at all.......but it always cleared up enough for me to get the picture! When I'd taken nine or ten, I started to realize how special it was!

moje lalki waldorfskie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
moje lalki waldorfskie said...

Beautiful photos. You express so much through your art.
I am a big fan of your work too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...